Corn, one of the most popular and versatile vegetables, is also a good source of several nutrients. Corn is a low-fat complex carbohydrate that deserves a regular place on any healthy table. This high-fiber Corn is a body building food.
Corns Health Benefits are;
- Corn bran is a heart protector, when eaten everyday it can lower cholesterol in the body.
- Cornstarch can prevent diaper rash.
- Corn is also beneficial in anemia and constipation at-fighting kernels of goodness are also hearty and satisfying.
Consumption of corn kernels assists the management of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) and is effective against hypertension
For these various reasons, the consumption of sweet corn is very necessary, as it has so many health benefits. It is a good idea to include sweet corn as a staple part of your diet to a considerable extent so as to maximize the benefits that you can glean from this rich food source.
Frozen corns- 1 cup
Carrot – ¼ cup (chopped)
Green peas – ¼ cup (boiled)
Grated ginger 1tbsp
Cabbage, 1/4 Cup (thin strips )
Cheese – 2 tbsp (optional)
Sugar 1 tsp
Pepper powder to taste
Green chillies – 3 no (chopped )
Corn flour – 1 tsp (mix with 1 tbsp of water)
Salt to taste
Oil as required
Cilantro leaves for garnishing
Water as required
- Take a pan and heat a little oil, fry frozen corns, green peas, carrot, ginger, green chillies, and cabbage .
- Cook all above vegetables in the microwave until soft.
- Take a pan, adds water and add cooked vegetables and cook for few more minutes. Bring it to a boil.
- Combine salt, pepper and sugar with it, mix well.
- Boil for about one minute and add corn flour water in it. Lower the stove heat. Let it boil for one more minute.
- Remove it from the heat. Finally add cheese to it.
- Garnish it with the coriander leaves and serve hot .