Discovered over 2000 years ago by the Chinese, tofu is sometimes called "the cheese of Asia," because of its physical resemblance to a block of farmer's cheese. Tofu is a highly nutritious, protein-rich food that is made from the curds of soybean milk. Off-white in color, it is usually sold in rectangular blocks. Tofu is a staple in the cuisines of many Asian countries. Tofu is its Japanese name, while in China it is known as doufu.. Tofu contains a low amount of calories, relatively large amount of iron, and little fat. Tofu has been found to be a great source of calcium and vitamin E as well.
Combined with vegetables and Tofu, this delicious soup is a complete meal in itself and a bowl of warm comfort on a chilly day. ENJOY!
Organic Tofu, Medium or Soft – 1package
Chopped Carrot – ¼ cup
Chopped Cabbage – ¼ cup
Chopped pumpkin -1/4 cup
Chopped broccoli florets – 5 no
Green Chilies – 4 no
Galangal (Tender Thai Ginger) – 1tsp
Thai Red chili paste – ½ tsp.
Butter – 1 tbsp.
Water 3 cups
Salt to taste
Pepper powder 1/8 tsp
Coriander leaves - few
- Cut Tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut green chilies and galangal, broccoli into small pieces..
- Heat butter in a pot and stir fry all vegetables, chilies, ginger for few minutes.
- Then add water, chili paste and tofu. Bring to boil.
- Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add salt, and pepper. Garnish coriander leaves on it.
- Serve hot.