This simple soup recipe really relies on the natural flavors of the vegetables in this dish. This soup is an East and Southeast Asian staple. Perfect for winter. Serve with baguettes or bread sticks.
Egg free noodles ½ cup
Frozen vegetables ½ packet
Chopped Jalapenos 2 no.
Green chili sauce 1 tsp
Spinach (torn) ¼ cup
Dried Thyme ¼ tsp.
Vegetable Broth 4 cups.
low-sodium soy sauce 1 Tbs.
Salt to taste
Crushed Pepper ½ tsp.
Butter 1 tbsp.
Water cook for noodles
Fresh basil stems, leaves 5–6 reserved for soup
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, add all frozen vegetables, jalapenos and sauté for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Now add the torned spinach leaves , sauté for one more minute.
- Now add the green chili sauce,soy sauce and dried thyme and mix well with vegetables.
- Now add the vegetable broth, salt, crushed pepper and cooked noodles.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Serve basil and lime wedges on the side to be stirred into soup.
- Enjoy the cold weather with this hot noodle soup.