Today I am sharing a very easy to make this colorful and delicious Vazhakkai Roast. I am big fan of this recipe because we need only less oil to make this dish and it still tastes like the one which we deep fry in the oil. Vazhakkai Roasts goes well with any South Indian lunch dish like sambhar, Rasam, etc. Try this easy yummy dish and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time 20 Minutes
Recipe Category: Vegetable Dry Subjis
Recipe Cuisine : South Indian
Serves : 3-4 People
Raw Banana 4 No
Water For boiling
Salt To Taste
Chili Powder 1 Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder ¼ Teaspoon
Asafetida Powder ¼ Teaspoon
Snafu Powder ¼ Teaspoon
Coconut Oil 2 Tablespoon
Cumin Seeds ½ Teaspoon
Mustard seeds ½ Teaspoon
Curry Leaves Few
- Wash and Peel the Raw Bananas.
- Cut raw banana to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Boil the water and add the chopped banana slices. Just cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain water completely transfer to a wide bowl.
- Add the chili powder, Turmeric powder, Asafetida powder ,Fennel powder and salt.
- Mix and coat it gently onto all the slices. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a flat pan, add all Tadka items and let them crackle.
- Now, place the mixed masala plantain slices in the oil and let it cook for a few minutes. Stir gently to let the oil coat on both the sides of the plantain slices.
- Gently flip over each slice and let it cook on the other side for few more minutes.
- Keep doing this until the plantains are cooked and becomes crispy from outside.
- This may take at least 15 minutes to become crispy.
- Now the yummy spicy Vazhakkai Fry is Ready.
- Serve Vazhakkai Varuval with Steamed Rice and Sambhar.
See other recipes mentioned in this post