Nothing better than a basic vanilla sponge cake. It’s perfect for beginner to start their baking experience. I make the plain vanilla cake in a couple of ways, sometimes with yogurt, sometimes with condensed milk. Today I made this cake with condensed milk& cola.
All Purpose flour 1 ½ cup
Butter ½ cup
Sweetened condensed milk 1 tin
Sugar 2 tbsp.
Coca cola 2/3 cup
Vanilla extract 2 tsp.
Baking soda 1 tsp.
Baking powder 1 tsp.
Butter and flour for greasing and dusting the pan.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F (180° C). Lightly butter a 8×8 inch round pan.
- Place a parchment paper and spray some cooking oil on it. Keep aside.
- Shift the flour, baking powder and baking soda twice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter & condensed milk. Whisk till the mixture is creamy.
- Add sugar,and vanilla extract and whisk together to get a smooth paste.
- Now add the flour mixture at a time and keep stirring while adding flour mixture.
- Add the coke in the end and whisk for another 2 minutes.
- The batter should be a lump free and pouring consistency.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin, spread evenly & bake it in the preheated oven at 15 minutes at 350°F(180°C) then lower than oven heat to 320°F(160 °C) and bake another 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes and turn out onto plate.
- Slice and enjoy the cake with hot masala chai.