Chapatti is the very best healthiest food... Making rotis is indeed an art, but certain ideas could make it better and healthy chapattis. Fenugreek leaves are known as Methi in India and this simple flatbread made using Fenugreek leaves is simple, nutritious and hearty. Fenugreek leaves is huge source in Iron and Vitamin K.
Health Benefits of Fenugreek Leaves
- · Traditional healers recommend that people suffering from digestive problems eat Methi leaves.
- · It also helps you lose weight and reduces dullness, dizziness and drowsiness.
- · In general, it is considered as good appetizer.
- · Methi leaves are considered very effective in combative diabetes.
- · It is regarded highly beneficial in the treatment of flatulence, indigestion and sluggish liver.
- · It heals mouth ulcers. An infusion of the leaves can be used as a gargle.
- · A very good food for blood formation for adolescent girls to pregnant mothers. Thus, prevents anemia. Fenugreek leaves are cooling
- · It's a great Tonic food- tone the tissues of the body
Multi Flour Atta 2 cups
Chopped Fenugreek Leaves 1 cup
Salt To Taste
Sugar ½ Tsp.
Ghee /oil 1 Tsp.
Water as needed
- Wash the fenugreek leaves. Chop it coarsely with a sharp knife on the chopping board.
- Boil some water; immerse the leaves in boiling water for 30 seconds and then plunge into cold water. Remove and strain it. Allow it to cool. Blanching helps in minimizing the cooking time for a particular dish and enhances the color and flavor making it more palatable.
- Take a big bowl, and Coat the base and sides of a utensil with ½ teaspoon of oil.
- Add wheat flour , chopped fenugreek leaves , sugar and salt. Mix it well.
- Pour water little by little and knead this into a soft dough. Knead the dough for 1 minute.
- You may add extra flour if you feel the dough is too soft or sticky.
- Keep this aside for 15 min to half an hour.
- Divide the dough into equal - sized balls and then roll them out into thin chapattis using a rolling pin.
- Heat a tawa or pan. Drop rolled-out dough on the tawa, which is well-heated.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil. Spread it using a spatula. Wait for few minutes.
- Flip the half-cooked chapatti, when the color changes or a few bubbles appear on the top surface.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil. Slightly press the chapatti with a wooden chapatti press.
- Cook until both sides have golden brown spots. Remove from the tawa.
- Follow the same procedure for the rest of the balls.
- Now Methi Chappatti is ready to serve.
- Serve with any Masala curries Dhals.
Note: This is very good food item for Diabetics and Ulcer patients.
My other Fenugreek Leaves Recipe: Methi Thepla Roti