In India, the Tulasi herb has been widely known for its health-promoting properties -- for body, mind, and spirit for over 5000 years. The 'Tulasi' plant or Indian basil is an important symbol in the Hindu religious tradition.
Dark or Shyama Tulasi and light or Rama Tulasi are the two main varieties of basil, the former possessing greater medicinal value. Of the many varieties, the Krishna or Shyama Tulasi is commonly used for worship.
Tulasi can provide you, by:
- Helping support your respiratory system
- Delivering you antioxidant protection against free radicals
- Providing you with a calming effect and stress relief
- Helping support your immune system
- Boosting your digestive system health
- Helping you maintains blood sugar levels already in the normal range
Fresh Tulasi leaves 2 hand full (separate the stem)
Omam Powder (Ajwain powder) 1 tsp.
Palm sugar candy (Panam Kalkandu) 6 pieces
Water ½ liter
- Take ½ liter of water in a sauce pan and bring it to boil.
- Add Tulasi leaves, Ajwain (Omam) powder and sugar candy pieces into it.
- Boil it well for ½ hour in low flame.
- Let it reduce to half the quantity.
- Now Tulasi decoction is ready.
- Strain through a tea filter and drink warm.
- This is a best home remedy for acute cold , cough, and headache.
- Relieves you from congestion and soothes your throat.
- It should be warmed and taken at least two times a day.
Note: You can use jaggery or Karuppatti also.