Today I am sharing the recipe of Kerala style moru Sambharam. It is a curd based savory drink (flavored with ginger, curry leaves and chilies), it cools down the body the way no soft drink can ever do. It served at Sadya as it help to settle down the heaviness after such a huge spread and also aids digestion. If you haven't tasted this yet, do give this a try soon to feel energetic!!
Plain Yogurt/Curd 1 cup
Water 2 cups
Green chilies 2 no.
Curry leaves 2 spring
Salt To Taste.
Crushed Ice as needed
- Crush ginger, chilies and using a mortar and pestle. Keep aside
- Add the yogurt to the blender jar, add water and pulse it 2-3 times to mix well.
- Add few crushed ice cubes along with salt, and blend all the ingredients together. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer this mixture in a bowl add crushed ginger , green chilies and curry leaves. Mix well.
- Transfer to a large pitcher and chill in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the chilled butter milk into the glasses .
- Spice level can be adjusted according to your preference.
- You can also add Hing powder, a pinch of cumin seed powder and crushed Mint leaves to the butter milk.
- The yogurt should be slightly sour to get the actual flavors. -